Passing along a job opportunity posted to the CoPress listserv yesterday from Dan Petty:
The Denver Post is looking for a Jr. Web Software Developer.
You’ll be joining senior web developer Joe Murphy (@joemurph on Twitter) and another, yet-to-be-named senior web developer. We’re looking for folks who are excited both about fulfilling the local mission of a large-size regional daily news organization and doing innovative work with presenting structured data on the web.
The Jr. Web Software Developer will provide support to the interactive team with all aspects of building and maintaining digital products.
- Support senior staff with website + web application design and development, maintaining websites, and input and verification of data to ensure product delivery.
- Participate in meetings and carry out research as it pertains to projects.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned or requested.
Physical Working Conditions:
- Standing 5%, walking 10%, sitting 85% of shift.
- Use computer to design and develop digital products approximately 85% of the shift
- Possess basic knowledge of web development methodologies.
- Fundamental skills in OOP — Python or PHP skills are a plus.
- Experience with a DBMS.
- Command of grammar and spelling.
- A passion for local news, structured data.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to listen to others and accept input from team members.
- Values internal and external clients and responds to their needs as they arise.
- 4 year degree or certificate from art or technology institute desired, or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of a version control system.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to e-mail email@example.com or Diane Exline, director of technology systems and solutions, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to pass along to anyone who you feel might be interested or qualified.