Collegescholarships.org is once again offering a $10,000 scholarship to a student blogger. This is the fourth time they’ve done so. Deadline for applications is Oct. 21, 2010.
Some details below the fold. More info here. Also, there is info about past recipients of the scholarship.
Also, you might check out some of the other scholarships they award, several of which are related to new media (including a new Twitter scholarship).
- Your blog must contain unique and interesting information about you and/or things you are passionate about. No spam bloggers please!!!
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- Currently attending full-time in post-secondary education in the United States; and
- If you win, you must be willing to allow us to list your name and blog on this page. We want to be able to say we knew you before you became a well educated, rich, and famous blogging legend.
- the 2010 submission application date is October 21, 2010.
- the winner will be announced on November 2, 2010 at 6pm Pacific.
There is a 300 word limit for this essay. Like great blog posts, short and interesting is preferred over verbose. Use any of these questions as the basis for your scholarship essay:
- If you nominated a friend, what makes them and their blog so special?
- What is the most interesting or inspiring blog post you have ever read? Why did you find it inspiring?
- How have you used blogging to help yourself or others?
- What is the most powerful social change you have seen come out of blogging?
- Why did you start blogging? What does blogging mean to you? Why is blogging important to you?