Via Will Sullivan, STLToday/St. Louis Post-Dispatch is looking for PAID spring and summer interns. The description is below the fold. NOTE: The Journerdist wants you to be sure to understand that all print resumes and clips will be recycled, so show your multimedia/online skills for this one. Deadline is Nov. 28.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch and STLToday.com is looking for Multimedia Interns for the Spring and Summer of 2010. This evolving, 15th-largest newspaper in the United States was a Pulitzer finalist this year for Breaking News as well as the winner of two ONA Online Journalism Awards for Breaking News and Best Multimedia Feature and a Mid America Regional Emmy for Advanced Media Interactivity in 2008. The PD is looking for an enthusiastic, multidisciplined, creative and flexible multimedia journalist with a sense of humor, curiosity and adventure who can generate and execute multimedia ideas professionally and efficiently.
- Exceptional visual and audio content gathering and editing skills A
- gifted storyteller – no matter what form the content takes Final Cut Pro or iMovie Audacity (or other multi-track audio editing programs)
- Soundslides Ability to turn high-quality projects quickly
- Ability to write cleanly and create engaging, informative blog entries, captions, web teases and headlines
- Firm grasp of best practices for social media promotion and search engine optimization techniques
- Provide a brief biographical cover letter stating which internship you are interested in (Spring and/or Summer, you can apply to both, but will only be eligible to be selected for one)
- A resume
- A link to your website, blog or links to your previous multimedia work (Sorry, no CDs or print portfolios will be accepted.)
- Contact information for three references (Your references should include the name, title and phone number of the person who supervised/trained you)