A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a post encouraging students to localize the story of our economic situation. With the stock market still free-falling this week after a $700 BILLION rescue package was announced by the federal government, now might be a good time to reissue that call.
Searching Uwire, I’m still seeing a lot of opinion stories, but few localized stories.
Here are a few that I found to get the brain going:
- Boston U. president issues hiring freeze
- Â Economy, banks continue to fall
- U California funds suffer as market tumbles
- Feds compelled to up Pell Grants
- Iowa State professors say economy needs immediate help
- U Maine officials detail economy’s effect on students
Related articles by Zemanta
- Pell Grants Said to Face a Shortfall of $6 Billion
- U.S. financial panic goes global
- Stock market still falling despite Fed bailout