Pay attention, aspiring journalists. Via Will Sullivan (aka the Journerdist):
Fresh off of two victories at the Online News Association awards for breaking news and multimedia coverage and two nominations for interactive Emmy Awards, The St. Louis Post-DispatchÂ is seeking three multimedia interns to help expand theirÂ breaking news and multimedia projects for the upcoming Winter 2008, Spring 2009 and Summer 2009 quarters (one internship per quarter).
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, multidisciplined, creative andÂ flexible multimedia journalist with a sense of humorÂ and adventure who can generate and execute multimedia ideas. Ideal candidates will be able to hit the ground running and juggle all types of content mediums on deadline assignments. One day you’ll be shooting breaking news photos and transmitting live from the scene, the next day creating a Soundslide feature on a local music event, the next day shooting video of one of St. Louis’ many cultural festivals.
This position works for the web department and will be focused on quick-turn assignments for the web as well as engaging feature assignments that are web-only. Pro-quality video, computer and audio gear provided, some still equipment provided but the focus of this internship is multimedia, not just still photography.
These paid internships last 13-weeks each, have flexible start dates and college credit is available.
- iMovie or Final Cut Pro
- Audacity (or other multi-track audio editing programs)
- Â Soundslides
- Photo, video and audio content gathering and editing skills
- FTP and remote transmission skills
- Ability to turn high-quality projects quickly
- Ability to write cleanly and create engaging, informative blog entries, captions, web teases and headlines
Would be awesome skills:
- Flash or any other multimedia production tools
- Brief biographical cover letter stating which internship you are interested in (Winter, Spring and/or Summer, you can apply to more than one, but will only be eligible to be selected for one)
- A resume
- A link to your website, blog or links to your previous multimedia work (Sorry, no CDs or print portfolios will be accepted.)
- Three references (Your references should include the name, title and phone number of the person who supervised/trained you)
Mail the information and please make sure you specify which internships you are applying for (Winter, Spring and/or Summer â€“ you can apply to more than one, but will only be eligible to be selected for one) to:
Director of Newsroom Recruitment
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
900 N. Tucker Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63101
Winter Internship: Must be post marked by Oct. 8, 2008
Spring Internship:Must be post marked by Oct. 18, 2008
Summer Internship: Must be post marked by Nov. 15, 2008