Let’s see if I can condense them down (although it’s worth going over there and reading her entire post):
- Free content isn’t wrong.
- Newspapers ≠ journalism
- JournalismÂ = $$$$
- Citizen Journalism won’t replace “Big J” Journalism
- NewsPAPER is a fading delivery format.
- There’s no monopoly on trust on the Internet
- The next generation will not read newspapers.
- Democracy fails without a strong fourth estate.
- No, we don’t know how we’ll pay for it yet.
- Don’t count on newspaper companies to be the first to figure out No. 9.
Agree or disagree, Mindy suggests these 10 postulates should be accepted as given, so we can skip over those “ground rules” when discussing the future of journalism.
Of course, I think Mindy’s points were summed up poetically by another great mind:
Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won’t come again
And don’t speak too soon
For the wheel’s still in spin
And there’s no tellin’ who
That it’s namin’.
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin’.